Friday, December 4, 2015

Pictures, Books, and Food.

Editors Note: I'm sort of half following #reverb15. I like the prompts that Sarah  and  Kay have provided so far. Check out their blogs if you want to play along....

Today I am grouping together the last three prompts that have been provided to share with you my favorite photo of 2015, my favorite book that I read, and my favorite meal!


I quickly scrolled through my Facebook photos to find my favorite picture for 2015. I had such a hard time deciding which one to choose! I'm going to cheat and share with you some that were in the running.


Do you see why I had such a hard time? There are some really great moments captured here! But the picture I chose is.




This is a picture of my family during our vacation in Florida. I love that this picture captured our giant smiles. We were all so genuinely happy to be on that trip, together. I have nothing but love for each member of my family, including Dave and Sara. This picture has been my "cover photo" on Facebook ever since this trip because it represents that my family is my number one priority. I love these people!


Moving from pictures and moments to books, I'll next share my favorite book that I read in 2015:

Why Not Me? By Mindy Kaling

I. LOVE. Mindy. Kaling. I read her first book before I even really knew who she was. I read that first book in one day, and then proceeded to watch the entire first season of The Mindy Project in one weekend. And the rest is history. I love Mindy's honesty, compassion, quirkiness and humor. Her second book, Why Not Me? is a true gem, and I enjoyed it even more than her first. It's equally funny as it is inspiring. Her raw writing makes you want to be her best friend. I highly recommend reading this one!

And now for the last prompt: My favorite meal of 2015. 

I did a brain scan to try and think of all the cool places Tom and I went to eat this year. I thought of the pizza pot pie that we ate in Chicago, but that was in December 2014. But man, that thing deserves some recognition. 

Okay, I've got to give this one to Ronin Sushi in Royal Oak. It was the best sushi I've had to date. I find myself dreaming of that sushi. I know, totally lame, But it's as good as everyone says it is, I promise. 

So there's a quick look into some of my favorite things in 2015. More to come as I continue to follow along with #reverb15 !



No comments: