Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Best Cover Songs of 2015

Okay, this isn't on my usual roundup of "end of the year" posts, and my music posts tend to be the least popular, but I've seen a couple of other folks do this, and I wanted to chime in. So here are some really great cover songs that were put out this year.

10. Jessie J, Stay With Me (Sam Smith)

I absolutely love Jessie J and I love this song! She rocked this.






9. Michael Castro, Thinking Out Loud (Ed Sheeran)

There were thousands of Ed Sheeran covers floating around the Internet, but Michael's soulful, raw cover really hit me.


8. Lennon and Maisy, Boom Clap (Charli XCX)

These lovely young ladies have more talent than I could ever dream of having.



7.  Sam Smith, Hotline Bling (Drake)

Only Sam Smith could take a Drake song and turn it into...well...this.




6. Ellie Goulding, Take Me To Church (Hozier)

Ellie is one of the most talented ladies in the game right now, and this cover was no different.




5. PostModern Jukebox Feat Haley Reinhart, Creep (Radiohead)

I love everything PMJ does, but this one was especially addicting.



4. I Prevail, Blank Space (Taylor Swift)

I'm not a typical punk music fan, but I can't tell you how many times I rocked out to this cover. It's fantastic.





3. Madison Lawrence, When We Were Young (Adele) 

Honestly I could have put all of Madison's covers on this list. She's mega talented. But since Adele is fresh on everyone's mind, do yourself a favor and listen to her latest cover.



2. Ryan Adams, This Love (Taylor Swift)

Ryan Adams covered Taylor's entire 1989 album. I love each track, but this one is really special.


1. Kelly Clarkson, Better Have My Money (Rihanna)

Kelly is the cover queen. She covers a song every night on her tour. I was slightly addicted to this one, though.



Let me know what you think of these, and if you have any to add to the list!

No comments: