Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Weight Loss Wednesday

Thanks to everyone who reached out last week when I was having a pity party about being "stuck". I've accepted the fact that yes, this may be it. But that certainly doesn't mean I'm going to stop. 

I did drop down one pound, so I'm now six pounds away from my goal... But I'm not getting my hopes up because I know I could go back up again.

Last week a coworker walked by me and I noticed she looked slimmer. So I said something... Turns out she has lost 42 lbs! Which is incredible! I sang her praises and congratulated her on the accomplishment. Then she told me that I was her inspiration. And in that moment, I didn't care about being stuck or my goal weight. I was so happy. I've said all along on this journey that if I can help someone else, that's all that matters. And my is that true. 

So I will keep working to (hopefully) inspire others. I've started a run club amongst my circle of friends. We are going to run/walk every Sunday morning until winter rolls in. I've become a team captain for a work wellness challenge where I can encourage my coworkers to  be active. I have fallen in love with taking the lead on anything to do with wellness because it has become such an important part of my life. I just want to share in the joy that it has given me, and I want to help others crush their goals.

As for me I will continue to eat clean, workout, drink my water and hope that these 6 lbs disappear. But even if they don't, I'll walk with pride knowing that I've accomplished more than I ever thought possible, and that I've helped some others along the way.


No comments: