Sunday, February 8, 2015

Happy.

It's been a while. And by a while I mean a little over a week, which for me is eternity. So hello, friends.


I am officially- as of last weekend- moved in to my new place. And it's so perfect. Aside from some minor anxieties the first day, I have never felt more "home" upon moving into a new place. Don't get me wrong- I miss my old house. The location was perfect and the house itself was so cute. And I will miss living with Sam terribly. But this place feels more like home.

I was able to happily entertain my family last night. We had a taco night, paired with laughs, music, hockey and Mario Kart. We have our own private basement area, which is perfect for Ryan to run around in. For my first time hosting my family over for dinner, I was pretty pleased. And happy.

That's pretty much how I would describe myself these days: happy. And not in the "yeah, I guess I'm happy" sort of way. In the "I really am so happy" way. I'm not sure if I've ever smiled as much as  I do these days.

And the thing is, I'm not following a certain game plan. I don't wake up each morning with a list of things I need to do in order to achieve happiness. I simply choose to be happy. I admit, I often have no idea what I'm doing. I just do it anyways. Life does not always need a blueprint or a step by step guide. Sometimes you can just be, and do, and that's enough. You can't sit back and let everyone else get in on this action, but you also can't spend every moment planning for the next.

Also, a secret: no one else knows what they are doing, either. Sure, some people are really smart in certain subjects. But for the most part, we've all gotten where we are now because we took risks.

What risk will you take?

No comments: