Monday, January 26, 2015

Why I Post.

When I stepped on the scale on Sunday to see that I had lost 100 lbs, I couldn't help but cry. I think I actually may have screamed. My hands shook as I whipped out my phone to tell everyone.

I've been pretty vocal about my weight loss journey. I've shared before and after pictures, status updates, and blog posts. I've talked about the emotional journey, I've shared recipes and workouts.

Why?

Because once upon a time, I was the girl who needed inspiration. I was the girl who was reading success stories, researching tips and tricks, jotting down notes, looking at before and after pictures. I needed a push. I needed to know that someone else had done it. I bought every issue of People that featured "real people" who had dropped 4-5 pants sizes.

When it was my turn, when I decided that I was finally going to do this and make a major change. I thought that maybe I could be that person for someone else. That if anyone who needed a push or inspiration felt encouraged and motivated by my posts, that I would feel fulfilled and accomplished...even more so than the weight loss itself.

So maybe I've done that and maybe I haven't. But that was my intent- that, and keeping myself in check. I don't think I would have been nearly as successful if I had kept things to myself.

For the last year and seven months, my health has been my focus and my priority. It will continue to be until I reach my goal weight. I spend a lot of time figuring out what I am going to eat and when I am going to workout. I plan my life around it. Which has, in turn, caused me to become a little less social. Not that I was this huge social butterfly before, but I for sure spend more time in the gym than I do with friends. But that's okay- this had to happen for me to become the best version of me. I made a lot of sacrifices, but I wouldn't trade anything. I would never go back. I've come too far.

I will continue to post and blog about my weight loss journey until I've reached the end. I'm not sure when that will be. I am setting up a doctor's appointment to check in and get her opinion on how many more lbs I have to lose. 100 wasn't the stopping point. It was simply a check point.

I feel very lucky to have such a strong support system. You guys kept me going when I didn't think I could take another step. You helped me to be brave and to find my wings. You challenged me, invited me to try new things, comforted me when I was frustrated with my plateaus. I am so proud to know each of you.

I will add just one more thing, and that is about Tom. How do I know that Tom loves me? We began dating at my highest weight. He was literally there from the start. He's heard me cry about plateaus, he's cheered me on while I run, he's come to some classes with me, he's put up with my picking apart meals at restaurants. He knows I can't keep snacks in the house and that I prefer water over anything.  He doesn't try to lecture me, though, or suggest that I'm not making a good choice. He gives me advice but does not demand. He's been there with each step and with each milestone. And he's still here. I think that says a lot. I give him major kudos for sticking by me.

I love you guys, thank you so much for celebrating my 100 lb milestone with me.



2 comments:

Shari said... Add Reply

I love this! Congratulations on such a truly amazing milestone. You really do inspire me every single day. I'm so happy for you and will be right here to cheer you on as you continue the journey! :)

North Glendale Office Cleaning said... Add Reply

Great reading your bllog