Thursday, January 23, 2014

Short break.

Whenever I write a blog, I check the stats. How many page views, comments, spam comments, and how people came across my blog on Google.

Over the past few days, my blog views have significantly dropped. Typically, my Weight Loss Wednesday post gets 100+ views. This week? 27.

It shouldn't bother me. But it does. And so I am taking a few days off to reevaluate why I write, and do some private writing rather than writing for an audience.

My goal in this blog was never to get a ton of readers, comments, etc. So I don't know why I'm upset. I suppose because it's such a big drop.

I'll be back in a few days, probably by next Wednesday- and I'm not going to quit this blog just because my views were down. I will only quit this blog when I get tired of writing. I'm not tired yet. I have a lot to say, and this blog gives me platform to say it.  My goal has always been to try to relate to other people, to help other people. When I feel like I am no longer doing that, I will quit.

For now I am just taking a few days to write in my journal and too bring myself back down to earth.

I'll be back.

No comments: