Monday, December 9, 2013

Top 10 Albums of 2013

It's the time of year for lists and countdowns. Up first for me, my favorite albums of 2013. Are any of these on your list?

Top 10 Albums of 2013...and my three favorite songs from each.
10. Lorde, Pure Heroine
  • We're so happy, even when we're smilin' out of fear- Tennis Courts
  • Delicate in every way but one (the swordplay)/God knows we like archaic kinds of fun (the old way/Chance is the only game I play with, baby/We let our battles choose us-Glory and Gore
  • All the double-edged people and schemes./They make a mess then go home and get clean./You're my best friend, and we're dancing in a world alone, a world alone, we're all alone- A World Alone
9. Hanson, Anthem
  • When you see your reflection/Do you recognize yourself/‘Cause every word that you say/I hear another another cry for help- Already Home
  • And say what you mean and mean what you say/And tonight/Chase down the dream and don’t give up without a fight- Tonight
  • I'm gonna take this moment and chase this fear right out of me/Come one day/I will have no regrets after today- Lost Without You
8. Lady Antebellum, Golden
  • Ghosts of you would come back to me whenever I was alone/now the candles have all burned out and the doors are locked and chained/Have no doubts this time I've figured out a way to end all your games- Better Off Now That You're Gone
  • I almost dialed your number/To remind you what you did/But I think it might be better/To just let this night end- It Ain't Pretty
  • Smallest parts of who you are/Are everything to me/From the way you laugh to the way you cry/To the way you love on me/Shadows run and darkness fades/When you come around
    My single star amongst the gray/Always shining down- Golden

    7. Mandisa, Overcomer
    •  They remind me of Your faithfulness//And all You brought me through/They teach me that my brokenness/Is something You can use/They show me where I’ve been and/That I’m not there any more- What Scars Are For
    • But I won’t let all of my fear, cripple me here/When I should be rejoicing/‘Cause I know the beauty that waits ahead- Face 2 Face 
    • Guide me with Your holy kindness /Into yet another day/Lead me on to glory, Jesus /In Your everlasting way- Cradle Me
6. The Civil Wars, self-titled
  • I miss the way you wanted me/When I was staying just out of your reach/Begging for the slightest touch- The One That Got Away
  • Let me in the wall/You've built around/We can light a match/And burn it down/Let me hold your hand/And dance 'round and 'round the flames/In front of us-Dust to dust
  • Don’t care if he’s guilty, don’t care if he’s not/He’s good and he’s bad and he’s all that I’ve got-Devil's Backbone
5. Demi Lovato, Demi
  • I can't believe I ever stayed up writing songs about you/You don't deserve to know the way I used to think about you- I Really Don't Care
  • In case/You're looking in that mirror one day/And miss my arms/How they wrapped around your waist/I say that you can love me again/Even if it isn't the case- In Case
  • Sorry I'm not sorry for the times/I don't reply, you know the reason why/Maybe you shouldn't come back- Maybe You Shouldn't Come Back
4. Ellie Goulding, Halycon Days
  • We, we don't have to worry 'bout nothing/'Cause we got the fire, and we're burning one hell of a something- Burn
  • Like a broken dream I was incomplete/But your love was never the missing piece- Under Control
  • I wish time was still/We'd stay right here/With time to kill/In our hearts without chains- Hearts Without Change
     
3.  Fall Out Boy, Save Rock and Roll
  • I don't know where you're going/But do you got room for one more troubled soul?-Alone Together
  • You know time crawls on when you're waiting for the song to start/So dance alone to the beat of your heart- The Phoenix
  • Sometimes before it gets better/The darkness gets bigger/The person that you’d take a bullet for is behind the trigger- Miss Missing You
2. Melinda Doolittle, You're The Reason
  •  Even if the fall leaves me broken/even if you tell me it's hopeless/I'm never giving up- Never Giving Up
  • If you wanna get love give it/if you wanna feel forgiveness/let go and do some forgiving of your own.- Give
  • Even though sorrow took me down/and I wanted to give in/the faith I saw you had in me/gave me hope to love again- I believe In Love

 
1. Sara Bareilles, The Blessed Unrest
  • Maybe one of these days you can let the light in/Show me how big your brave is. -Brave
  • You can have Manhattan/I’ll settle for the beach/And sunsets facing westward/With sand beneath my feet/I’ll wish this away/Just missing the days/When I was one half of two- Manhattan
  • We are not perfect/We'll learn from our mistakes/And as long as it takes/I will prove my love to you- I Choose You



No comments: