Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Good news

Most of you know this already, but we received great news about my dad today. All of the brain tumors are significantly smaller and there are no new ones. This is the best news we could have asked for, and the perfect Christmas gift for my family. We can now spend the holiday with more peace in our hearts, holding each other close and celebrating that for now, were all okay.

I was freaking terrified for this appointment. I kept my fear quiet. Tom is really the only person who knew and that's because he witnessed a breakdown. But I barely slept this week. I cried at the drop of a hat, and I was super cranky. I was so scared that we were going to get bad news.

We didn't get bad news. We got great news. I think I had a right to be nervous, though. Because he's my dad and I love him to pieces and I don't want anything to happen to him. And also because I work in an enviornment where we see things like this every day, only what I see with our patients is usually bad news. So I'm not angry at myself for worrying. I think it's pretty normal.

I will worry again January 9th when he goes in for the lung check up and again March 19th when we do the brain again and for every appointment after this. I just will. 

But for now, I can set my worrying aside and just be. Be happy that he's healthy and fighting, happy that my mom can feel some relief for while, happy that my brother and sister in law can come home for Christmas calmly, not urgently, and happy that my sister, brother in law and Ryan can create new memories with Grandpa this Christmas.

My dad posted on Facebook that he wants to meet all the prayer warriors and I know he means it and I know how he feels. There are so many strangers that have reached out to us, along with old friends who we have reunited with, and close friends and family.  I just want to have a big party with everyone and celebrate this victory. Take it from me, my family has the greatest cheerleaders there ever were.

And so, my dear friends, I want you to know how much I love, adore and admire each of you. I hope that you have soemting to celebrate this Christmas as well. Cheers.

5 comments:

Shari said... Add Reply

Such fantastic news! I am so, so happy and relieved! I hope you all have a wonderful, relaxing, peaceful Christmas. You more than deserve it!

Dee @ A Deecoded Life said... Add Reply

That is great Christmas news!!!!! So happy to read this! Yay!!

Elizabeth Rosalyn said... Add Reply

That is the greatest Christmas gift of all! Lots of peace and love to you, your dad, and your whole family this holiday. :) <3

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said... Add Reply

So glad you got such great news- enjoy the holidays with your family!!

Hannah said... Add Reply

So so pleased for you all! May you all have a wonderful Christmas and may your dad have a new year with positives to look forward to xxx