Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Questions

1. What do you love the most about Christmas time?Without a doubt, it is buying/making gifts. I work really hard to find something perfect for my family and close friends. I want it to be sentimental, and something that they will love.

2. Do you celebrate the holiday in style or is Bah-Humbug for you?It used to be bah-humbug. I have cried on Christmas for the past several years, just disliking how happy and joyous everyone was while I was sad and lonely. But at 26 years old, with the most amazing nephew in the world, a wonderful family, and sweet boyfriend, I am celebrating in style!

3. Are you leaving anything out for Santa Claus this year so he remembers to leave your presents?When I was a kid, we'd leave the cookies and milk. Not anymore!

4. What is the one gift you are most looking forward to GIVING? {It can be to your kids, another family member, etc – remember to be discreet if they read your blog}All of them! I was excited to give my roommates their presents last night. I gave Sam this:

 
 
And Lauren this:
 
and this:
 
I'm REALLY excited about one of the gifts I got Tom. And I pulled my sister's name in the gift exchange for my family and I'm excited for hers too. Maybe I'll post them later in the week.
 

5. What is your all-time favorite Christmas movie?Elf.

6. What is your all-time favorite Christmas song?
Carol of the Bells and Silent Night.

 7. If given the opportunity, would you participate in an “Ugly Sweater” party and what sweater would you wear? Peruse one on the Internet or even if your own closet and show us!
 Check! Went to my first Ugly Sweater party last year, and had another one this past weekend. My "ugly sweater" was just a Grandma sweater I got from Walmart, but I am seriously considering purchasing something like this for future use:



 
 8. Have you started any Christmas traditions this year that you plan on carrying forward?My roommates and I did stockings for each other this year which I really liked. We put a limit of $10 total for each other, but I think we all went a little over. It was fun to find cute little things to put in their stockings! When we opened them last night I had forgotten some of the gifts I purchased so it was fun to see their reactions.

Tonight Tom and I are making a "breakfast for dinner" and exchanging our gifts. I'm really excited about that and hoping it will become our tradition if things continue to work out. I'm making us a breakfast casserole and fruit, he's buying all the ingredients. We're going to listen to the Kelly Clarkson Christmas album (what a guy he is!) on the record player and watch a Christmas movie. I'm so excited!

9. It’s Christmas morning… what does it look like outside where you live?It's Michigan so you never know! Usually there is snow, sometimes ice, sometimes rain! I'm hoping for sunshine with a little snow this year.

10. You just found yourself standing under the mistletoe… who comes up to give you a kiss first?I certainly hope it's Tom!

1 comment:

Rob-bear said... Add Reply

Nice to know some interesting things about your Christmas plans!

Christmas Eve and Christmas day the whole family was here! It was a delightful time.

Christmas blessings and Bear hugs, eh?