Friday, December 28, 2012

2012 memories.

I scrolled all the way down through my facebook wall until I reached January 2012. Because the easiest way to look back on your yeari s through facbook. No but seriously, it is. And so, here is my 2012 reflection.

A few things you will never forget in 2012.

  • Taking a week long trip to Ft. Walton Beach, FL with my siblings and their spouses. 
  • Becoming an aunt for the first time
  • Making a commitment as an associate of the sisters of Mercy
  • My 25th Birthday weekend
  • Moving out of my parents house
  • Susan Jarrell
  • Cristo Rey Graduation
  • Tigers going to the World Series
  • Tonsillectomy
Relationship (s)

  • This was the first year in a while where I tried to put myself out there a little more. I tried online dating. I went on dates. I had a 4 month steady relationship. I stuidly let a really bad guy back in and he once again broke my heart. I learned to stick up for myself. I learned not to settle. I learned what I am looking for in a relationship and that I don't have to desperately try to find someone. Someone will come along when the time is right. I think what I have to work on is being more open about it. I don't like my family to tease me so I don't always talk to them about the "relationship" thing. I need to just get over that and talk about it.
The Best Day

  • July 28th. Woke up at 5 am. Rocked the color run. Fell into a color run coma. Woke up, got pretty. Went to a Japanese place with my backup besties and Sam. Saw Melinda perform the Love 101 show. Hung out after. I was so happy, so free. The next morning was my 25th birthday, and that was pretty perfect too. 
 The worst day

  • January 11th. My mom came barreling in my room to tell me Susan had been murdered the night before. I had never been so distraught in my entire life. I felt sick. I was shaking. I was crying. I was numb. I was helpless. I have never felt like that before and it was the worst feeling. I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. I stilll miss her. I still have her name naad nmber in my phone. I still have nightmares occasionally. And I pray for those beautiful children every single day. My pain was nothing compared to theirs. I only hope that their hearts can heal.
On that note, I want to sincerely thank everyone who came to my aide during that time, the most difficult thing I've ever been through in my life. I love you all. I know when January 10th/11th roll around this year, I'll be in a very strange place of mind but I will armor myself with prayers and good people.

The most memorable moment.

  • Holding my nephew for the very first time and realizing what it meant to fall in love with a baby.
Your best friend(s).

  • To be quite honest, my coworkers were pretty much my best friends this year. Probably because I spent the most time with them. Maggie, Sue, Tierra, Ashley, Christina, Carol, Christine, Shannon, Stella, Suzanne, Sarah, Lynn. Those girls supported me, stood by me, advocated for me, and made me laugh. I care about them and I know that they care about me. I couldn't ask for a better group of gals to be surrounding myself with every single day.
Your birthday.

  • My 25th Birthday was one of the greatest birthdays I have ever had. I was in Indy. The night before I saw Melinda's Love 101 Show with my friends. I woke up sore from doing the color run, all smiles from being around some of my favorite people. We went to breakfast in downtown Indy and I sat next to my idol and friend Melinda. We laughed a whole lot. She shared a personal story with me that brought closure to a huge chunk of my life.
 The best getaway.
  • For sure, without a doubt, our siblings trip to Florida. I laughed so hard every day of that trip, I didn't think about work and I let myself relax and enjoy. Honestly one of my favorite moments of the entire year is running around the sand dunes with Sara, pretending like we were in the Hunger Games. And finding that turtle shell. I am still kicking myself for not bringing it to JP to tease him that we found the ninja turtle he buried years and years ago.
New Year resolutions.
  • I hate resolutions. Because they are basically the things we should have been doing all along. Makes me feel like I didn't do something right, or that I failed. But the new year is about hope. And for 2013, I strive to: Eat in more than I eat out; apply for graduate school;  finish Laurence's book; take the stairs; turn off computer by 10 pm; pay off my debts; cut out gossip; and start my days off with prayer. Think I can do all of that?

favorite tweets of the year from people I follow

@lover_of_sushi I saw this really hot guy out of the corner of my eye and then I realized it was a chick! This is amazing!

@jessyjams Nothing makes me sadder than a middle aged hoodrat

@immattgiraud Someone just made a comment on the radio about breast feeding and I said Heyooo! Haha #awkward

 @Kristen8108 Crapcakes. I just remembered that I forgot my cat's birthday again this year. Not like he really knows but I still feel bad.

 ‏@ladygaga Is it wrong that sometimes when people call me, I break out into 'Telephone,' my mom always does Beyonce's part.

 ‏@GloZell 1D Flawless Homosexuals? Well pass me the Rainbow cuz I want to taste the Skittles

 ‏@IAmCaseyAbrams I'm watching spiceworld on tv. I feel the movie kind of explains my life

 ‏‏@SaraBareilles Children are like little drunks.

‏@Lauren_Collins I forgot Taylor Swift's last name today for like, TEN minutes and thought I was having a stroke.

‏@jessyjams i would love a pulled pork sandwich for dinner. shit, ill eat it for breakfast.

@glitterbots i wish i weren't allergic to elephants so i could join the circus.

@Zammie255 I shuffle everyday it's exhausting

 @Jacob_Lusk I want to live my life with mermaids and poets!

 ‏@lizZmilK i wish i was off every afternoon so i could cuddle with my dog in bed and cry about characters on tv shows. i feel so alive.

‏‏@GloZell So cold on this bus ... My left nipple just broke off and rolled away. RIP NIP.

‏@mdoolittle OMG! Just got ANOTHER autograph request from a prisoner that said, "I loved you on Mash!" LOL! Who exactly do they think I played?

@KhloeKardashian  I literally just shat on the floor. Ugh.

@mandisaofficial One day I wanna find a White person that looks like me and play a trick on tanning salon workers. LOL!

@jambajim  On my walk from the parking lot, a rooster crowed, a squirrel popped out of a bush & a butterfly landed on my shoulder. #DisneyPrincessSwag

@DeniseJanae  Okay....not once but TWO times I have been in the presence of the muppets. God...why are you so cool??????????

@alayahEFFINkai WHO TF DUG UP MC HAMMER?

@JordinSparks @mcaro05 lol TWITTER IS A BATTLEFIELD!!!

‏@Zammie255 Ahh! @OfficialSanta just faved my tweet. Excuse me while I fangirl. http://twitpic.com/bngtqc


So that was my 2012 in a nutshell. What happened to you this year?










No comments: