Tuesday, November 13, 2012

sometimes the best of us give up on love, but it's never gone

I know, too many facebook/blog posts from me recently. I'm taking over your feeds. Sorry.

I' m trying to write a blog every few days to keep my writing fresh. Hard to believe I've had this blog since 2009 and still coming up with things I want to say to the internet.

First of all, please keep the St. Hugo/UofD community in your prayers. There was another tragic loss over the weekend when a young man who graduated from both schools committed suicide. Many of the students in my youth group knew him. Although I didn't know him, my heart broke when I heard the news. It broke for his family and his friends, it broke for our community. But mostly, it broke for the kids in my youth group. This is one of several tragedies that have occurred in the past year, all of which are closely tied with students in my group. I just feel so helpless. I wish I could fix it, take away all the pain. I know loss happens, but these have all been tragic, traumatic, devastating losses. They shouldn't have to witness so much hate and pain. To Morgan, I know that you are now free from your inner destruction and safely in God's loving arms. May you now rest peacefully.

To everyone else, Don't let today pass you by without telling the people in your life how much you love and cherish them. Know that you are worthy, you are loved, you are special and you are here for a reason. Reach out to those around you who seem to be fading. Take care of yourself and those around you. Be a shining example of God's love.

I know I've mentioned this before, but I really do love the kids in the youth group. I just... I appreciate them. I appreciate their young wisdom and their jokes. I appreciate the way they care about each other, even if they have an odd way of showing it. I am happy to spend every Sunday evening with them so that I can check in with them. I care about them and want them to do well- mostly because all of them have the total potential to rock this world. I'm proud of them. And it hurts that they have been through too much tragedy.

As for me I'm hanging in there. Feeling a bit overwhelmed right now, both of happy and sad things. Sad for this tragedy, that people are leaving my company, that my favorite Sister of Mercy is dying, that I'm not sure I can travel to the west side for my bff's birthday party. Sad that I am drowning in bills. Happy that my little nephew is now two weeks old and that he lives close enough for me to visit often. Happy that I continue to build relationships with people at my work. Happy that I am alive and breathing.

We're all going to make it. Onward.

No comments: