Friday, December 30, 2011

what a man...

I don't usually write these kinds of blogs but I was having a conversation with my best friend Alicia the other day about dating and relationships, and finding the "right" guy. I don't really consider myself picky, but I'm also not settling. So here...here is what I am looking for in a man.

You are intelligent. You have a college degree and a good, solid job that does not involve folding clothes or flipping burgers. You are not in debt (save for your rent, mortgage and/or car payments) and pay your current bills on time. I know, that may sound snobby. But goals and working hard to accomplish them are very important to me.

You have a strong relationship with God. My future man does not have to be Catholic, but he has to believe in God and be able to be open about faith and spirituality.

You are a family person. You love yours and will be anxious to fit right in with mine. You don't have kids right now, but are open to the idea of one day having adorable little babies. You like kids.

You do not smoke or do drugs. Blech.

You are not materialistic. You don't need the latest trend, gadget, whatever in order to feel better about yourself.

You listen well, you laugh often, and you know how to make me laugh. You are honest about your emotions. You own up to your mistakes. You're a kid at heart and believe in magic and romance. You treat all people with respect. You are not racist, homophobic, nor do you portray any form of hate on a certain "type" of person.

You are gentle but strong. You inspire me. You're creative and worldly. You have quirks to you that make you interesting.

You have a hobby or something that you are passionate about. You like to travel, see new things, meet new people.

You may look like a lumberjack.

You love me for who I am. You don't care that I go from an indie rock band to Janis Joplin to Kelly Clarkson on my Ipod. You don't make fun of me for watching American Idol. You understand that I am shy, and you help me feel more comfortable. You give me that knowing look when we run into someone we don't like so much.

So...where is he?

4 comments:

Shari said... Add Reply

If you find an answer to that question, will you please share it? ;-)

furmurr said... Add Reply

Watch out! He may come knocking on your door...seriously, Megan...He is out there.

Anonymous said... Add Reply

He's out there Megan. But he's going to have to be the good friend first, and then it finally hits you that he really is the one!
It may take some time for him to grow up to be all those things you want. So don't be in any hurry to find him. He's out there. And you really do still have time! Enjoy what you do have first!

Anonymous said... Add Reply

I think he's hidden away in an office because no one will invite him to eat lunch. He may be starving, seriously. Go find him. Help him. Feed him!