Thursday, November 24, 2011

thanksgiving 2011

I am thankful to have literally the best family a person could ask for. A father who is compassionate, introspective, and genuinly concerned about others. A mom who is a fabulous teacher, friend, who does what she can to see others happy and successful. A sister who is patient, kind, passionate about her work and her relationships. A brother in law who gives great hugs, who takes care of people. A brother who sees a broken person and immediatley goes to help them, who works hard to make other people laugh and feel accepted...and a sister in law who shares my sense of humor but who is much braver and stronger than I with a care free attitude.

I am thankful for the friends who have stood by me through everything, without question, and who have taught me, held my hand and let that hand go at the right times. For the friends who inspire me with the great work they do, who love freely and give as much as they can.

I am thankful for music that gets me through each and every day. I know everyone thought I was joking when I thanked Nicki Minaj this year but I was 100% serious. For five months I did nothing but listen to Pink Friday on repeat while I applied for jobs. For Melinda, Mandisa, The Spill Canvas, Kelly Clarkson, Adele, NeedToBreathe, Lady Antebellum, Gavin DeGraw, Bruno Mars, JillandKate, Taylor Swift, Drake, Sara Barielles, Kate Voegele, Jacks Mannequin, Gaga, Hanson, Jack and White, Florence and theMachine, Christina Perri...I love you all. Thank you for giving me life :)

I am thankful for a rewarding job that inspires me daily. I am thankful that I am part of this beautiful ministry of end of life care. That I can hear stories from patients and volunteers that touch my heart and make me a better person. That I have coworkers who unselfishly give so much to our patients. For Sarah, who got me this job and who has been a constant source of support. For Maggie and Tierra who make me laugh and help me on the bad days. <3

I am thankful for new opportunities. For closed windows and open doors. For finally seeing that sometimes things just happen for a reason. For never giving up. For learning how to believe in myself. For the opportunity to serve God. For growing up. For living a life that I am proud of.

Love you all.