Monday, October 3, 2011

life update

I feel like I just did one of these life update posts, but I feel like it's the only way to clump everything I want to say together. So, enjoy.

What's Going On...In Life..

I guess the biggest thing is that I am now the volunteer coordinator for both offices....my workload has now increased by two so there will be a lot of late nights and Saturday work days until I can get things under control. I think I'll enjoy it once I have it all under my belt, there's just a lot of things that need to be figured out on my end. It took me a good 2-3 months to get everything down when I originally took the job, and now I'm kind of doing it all over again...but need to get it organized in a shorter amount of time. The plus sides are that I feel good about where things are in my original office, I have a ton of support, and I do ENJOY my job. Just...October is going to be a little insane, is all. And by a little I mean a lot.

I took a spiritual gifts workshop. I had heard about them before, and wanted to do it, just never had the time. I learned a lot in those few Thursday night classes. Mainly that my gift is encouragement. It wasn't a huge surprise, but it is very humbling to see what God is doing in my life and how I am able to use that gift on a day to day basis.

I'm still dieting and working on weight issues, although the past week really screwed me over. But this is a new week, and I will continue working hard. I'm house/dog sitting and probably can't get out to go to my classes at the Y, but I'll be doing some walking.

I've been to two weddings over the past three weeks. They were both incredibly special for two reasons. Dave and Katie's was more emotional than anything. I spent an entire year with those two and watched them turn from strangers, to friends, to best friends, to a couple, to a married couple. I was honored to be in attendance, those two, and Nate, are more like family than anything to me and I want nothing but happiness and love for them. It was also a really great way to spend some time with Dean, Jason, and Meghan. As I said to my parents, those friends are people who know me in a way that no one else does. They were there with me through the greatest experience of my life of Mercy Volunteer Corps. Sure they didn't know everything about hs or my college experience, but they knew me inside and out as a person. I had a great, beautiful time.

Anne and Jesse's wedding was also incredibly special. Not only was it one of the most beautiful weddings I have ever attended, it was so great to see the support they had from family and friends. They've been dating since they were 16- with some breaks- but still. Back then they were just kids, yet they have stuck by each other and loved each other every moment. And then there they were, getting married. Some of my most favorite people in the entire world were in that room of the reception. Every time a song played that was a "high school" song for us, we all just kind of looked at each other, laughed, and danced it all away. I'm lucky to know Anne and Jesse, and those friends. As I said to Anne when I hugged her goodbye "thank God for algebra class". That's when Anne and I became friends, and she has always been like a little sister to me, despite time and distance between us.

Both of those weddings made me want to get married. Okay, maybe not married, but it made me sick of being single. And it made me think about who would be in my bridal party.

What I'm Looking Forward To
CLEVELAND WEEKEND IN NOVEMBER. I'm going to Cleveland November 4th-6th and it's going to be the best weekend ever. I get to see some of my most favorite people and hear good live music.

Thanksgiving. JP and Sara are coming back for it and we have fun outfits planned. Muahaha.

What I'm Reading
I don't have time to read anymore. I know, sad. I suppose I could read instead of watch my fall tv shows, but nah. I want to read the new Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants book- BADLY.

What I'm Watching
Monday- The Sing Off
Tuesday- Glee, The New Girl
Wednesday- Modern Family
Thursday- Greys

I slip in X Factor sometimes.

What I'm listening to
Lady Antebellum, Gavin Degraw, and NeedtoBreathe are the three albums I'm currently obsessed with.


So to sum it all up- I want to get married, I don't read, and I'm overwhelmed by my workload. HAPPY OCTOBER!

1 comment:

Elizabeth Rosalyn said... Add Reply

Congrats on your latest achievements at work! I know you'll continue to do great things. :)

I need to make time to read more books too. The list keeps growing...