Monday, May 2, 2011

Zone

Yes, this entry is past due. Scandal.

So often we are told "push out of your comfort zone". I'm a firm believer in this as well. We should push ourselves to take it a step further, it's how we grow and how we learn. Make a mistake? It's okay. You don't have to hide away because of it. You can make changes.

However, I also believe- sometimes we need that comfort zone. Not to rely on it or use it as a crutch, but so that we do not get burned out. What good are we if we are not good to ourselves? You can work work work, push yourself to the limit, and completely exhaust yourself, or you can remember to work hard and take chances, but keep a healthy balance with taking care of yourself and your needs.

Last year I was a full time volunteer. No pay, living in community, working with at-risk teens. You better believe I was burned out. But I remembered to take my own time. Go back to my comfort zone- whether that was sitting at the kitchen table with my headphones in, writing in my journal...taking a nap, or going home to visit my family, I absolutely needed to do those things in order to continue to be a successful volunteer/employee of the school.

My point? Find something- HEALTHY- that you can do for yourself every day, to keep yourself balanced and in check.

Thank you all for keeping up with my a-z challenge. If you had a favorite post, please tell me which one it was. Thank you!

Happy May!

Oh...and because this song has been in my head this entire post- here.

1 comment:

Sylvia Ney said... Add Reply

Thanks...now it's in my head too! ;-) I’m so glad I found you through the A to Z challenge. I look forward to visiting again.