Sunday, May 15, 2011

mrs.c

I know I'm seven days late on the whole "Mother's Day" blog thing, but hey- better late than never!

So, a few years ago, I gave my mom a lovely Christmas present. I contacted students past and present and asked them to write her a letter of gratitude. I received TONS of feedback, filling two books worth of letters. There were letters from her class at the time all the way back to her favorite student from 30 years ago.

This year, I decided I'd update a little, and have her current class write letters. This class has had its ups and downs with my mama. She loves them, but they are incredibly...umm..energetic...so they drive her crazy :-) I wanted her to know how much they love her, so I asked the parents to have their children write a letter. The cutest part is that most of them are handwritten, so they have adorable 2nd grade writing and spelling errors.

I love my mom, and I talk about her a lot. She really is my best friend. I will admit I was worried about moving home because I thought that we would fight all the time. And yes, we fight, but the relationship we have is so special. She is my everything :-) Ever since I was in 3rd grade, I've had to share her with all the "kids" in her classroom. I see how much time she devotes to them. I don't mind sharing, because I know she is making an incredible impact she is making on their lives. My mom is the best teacher I know, hands down. I hear that ALL THE TIME from parents.

Here is a chance for you to see the impact she has made on her class this year. This is just a small sample of how loved she is at that school by students and parents a like. Enjoy some of my favorite quotes from their letters!

I kept in some of my favorite spelling/grammar mistakes :)

-I appreciate how you are to me. I know you love becaus you act like it and you want to macke me right. PS I love you so much!

-You always taught us math, science, religion, social studies, and all other diferent stuff.

-You have been so good to us . Like letting us stay in your classroom when mom is at work. My family gives you hugs. (This is from Lizzy, one of the Carter kids)

-I love that you are supper nice to everyone. If I was in an older grade and saw a shooting star, I would wish to go back to second grade.

-We have had our ups and down but we are still good friends, Mrs. C.

-Mrs Carolin. You are my favorite because you are 1. Very Strict. 2. Very nice.3. Always happy to see your class. 4. Peaceful and calm.

-Thanks for being the best! Heads above all the rest! Even when we act like pests, and put you to the test, you always fill our lessons with lots of zest!

-Mrs. Carolin, I think of you as family and always will. One of the things I like about you, is you never give up, even when Notre Dame loses one game or more. Another thing I like is you give me hope.

-Mrs. Carolin is my favorite teacher in the whole wide world. I sometimes drive her crazy but I know she likes me.

-You are the best teacher I ever had. You have the best ideas. I love it! My whole family loves you! When it's my birthday in the older grades, I won't forget to visit you!

-At the begening of the year I heard you were stricked and I liked that. You are my kind of teacher! I tried not to spill the beans of this surprise and it worked. Thank you for providing me and all my classmates to have a very good education.

I love you Mama.

1 comment:

Shari said... Add Reply

What a sweet Mother's Day gift! She must have absolutely loved it.

My favorites:

-Thanks for being the best! Heads above all the rest! Even when we act like pests, and put you to the test, you always fill our lessons with lots of zest! <--- TOO CUTE!!

-I love that you are supper nice to everyone. If I was in an older grade and saw a shooting star, I would wish to go back to second grade. <-- That's just adorable, and the "supper" makes it even more so :)