Wednesday, August 25, 2010

all I know is that fear has got to go

Here's a little glimpse into the life of a 23 year old unemployed girl living with her parents.
-Wake up, apply for jobs for a few hours.
-Clean the kitchen and the family room, eat some lunch
-Go for a walk because since I'm not working I've made getting healthy a focus in my life
-Apply for more jobs
-Read/write/watch tv
-Make dinner
-lounge.

Isn't that exciting? Oh, and here's where it gets really good...it's only day two. I know people who go through this for months. I don't know how I will manage. I'm already looking up ways to keep busy while unemployed. I'd love to take a Spanish class, Zumba, and volunteer with Big Brothers Big Sisters. Only thing is that each of those require money...and a car. Niether of which I have.

I'm looking hard for jobs. I sent in about 15 or so applications/resumes over the past two days. I'm also trying to find a nanny or babysitting job for this little in between period so I can at least have some money coming in. I'm just a tad frustrated. People often tell me that great things are going to happen for me, and I appreciate it, but I don't know what else I can do for it to happen. And I'm always telling other people to go chase their dreams and now I'm the one that's stuck...I don't know how! I wish someone would just tell me what to do next, but no one can. It's all very frustrating and emotionally draining.

I do have to say I am completly overwhelmed by the support of my family/friends. So many people are on the lookout for me with potential jobs or nanny jobs. I love it and am very grateful!

Keep your fingers crossed for me and be good to yourselves. Love you all.

2 comments:

Shari said... Add Reply

I so wish I could say something that would help. I've been there, and it's tough. It's really tough, especially when you've spent your whole life being so busy and doing so much. Going from full speed to a resting place can really, really get to you.

You're doing all the right things, though, and even though I know this doesn't help right now ... I genuinely believe that you'll find the job that's right for you. It's out there, and it will happen. In the meantime, keeping busy definitely helps. Having your mind occupied works wonders, so you're definitely doing a great thing by looking for something to focus on.

Hang in there ... keep smiling!

Anonymous said... Add Reply

I'm totally with you. My schedule:

-Go for bike ride.
-Lounge by pool.
-Eat lunch.
-Apply for jobs.
-Eat dinner.
-Watch TV.
-Go to bed.

God will smile on us someday soon!!!

-Katie