Tuesday, July 27, 2010

watch me fly

""if they tell you dreams don't come true, just look them in the eye and say watch me fly".- Watch Me, Michael Sarver

As I was babysitting today, I found myself telling one of the kids something I've been told a million times before "I know he's being mean to you, but you just have to ignore him". We've all heard that before, most likely when we were younger. Why then, do we so easily forget that as we grow up? People are still mean. Maybe not in the poke you with a stick or steal your pencil kind of way, but in a way that can still hurt our feelings. They try to bring us down, criticize us, knock down our dreams. We can't just take it, and we certainly cannot believe them. By letting them affect us, we are just handing over the power to them. We are in control of our situations and have the ability to make or break that situation. We can't keep focused on what other people think of us- instead, we have to focus on what we think of oursevles.

I guess what I'm saying is this: don't take it when other people bring you down. Ignore them and know your worth. Do not focus your entire life on trying to please everyone around you. I heard once that everyone has a song in them- their dna. Find your song. Own it. Know who you are, and be confident in that. Find your dreams and chase after them- for you, not for anyone else.

Day 24- The Person That Gave You Your Greatest Memory

Dear Alex, JP, Sara, Mo, and Dave:
August 16th, 2008. The beautiful wedding of Maureen and Dave. One of the greatest nights of my life. I shall never forget that night. The dancing, confessions, no big deal, and, of course, how absolutley stunning Maureen looked and how happy I was to officialy welcome Dave as my brother. JP and Sara, I am so happy for you and look forward to your special day. Alex and I will be ready to protest the hustle and dance during the "couples dance". I love you all, my beautiful family.
<3, Megan

Day 25- The Person That Is Going Through A Hard Time

Dear Martha-
You are an incredible woman with a beautiful family. I am here for you and I am praying. My hand is here whenever you need a squeeze of encouragement. I am here for you.

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!"
~ Dr. Seuss

Love, Megan

No comments: