Wednesday, June 9, 2010

freeze the moment

Dude. Can you believe that just 11 months ago I was FREAKING OUT about MVC orientation? Now I'm getting ready for transition retreat. This year has flown by. I am so excited to get to Philly tomorrow and see all of our MVC friends. I want to hear stories about their experiences within community and their sites. It should be an amazing four days! I won't have much access to a computer, so if you need me, text or call!

Today was my last FULL day at Cristo Rey...I was pretty anxious about it all day. I talked to each of my classes about it, and that I was going to miss them. I passed out letters to 61 students. In return, I recieved 5 hand written letters that I will cherish forever. They were all beautifully written and brought tears to my eyes. One student said she was going to mold her life after me because I had inspired her so much. Another said that I was the older sister in her life because her real older sister wasn't there for her. One, who has given me probably the MOST trouble this year, said that I inspired her to change her ways. I also got a hug from someone who has been a constant challenge.

I don't say all of this to be all "look at me!". I am rather shocked at the reaction from the kids, honestly. It makes me happy to know that I can be a role model for someone else when I have so many people whom I look up to. I just hope I can continue to make a positive impact on them!

Before I head to Philly, I'll share my favorite lyrics from Jordin's self-titled debut album. Only 7 days until I see her!

all this time I thought you didn't need me...now I'm gone from you and now you tell me you're in love, but that's not what it was all those times that passed by with no signs

I will never regret you, still the memory of you marks everything I do

I've gotta let my spirit be free

Sorry, but, I've gotta move on and leave you behind

and I'm faithful enough to know that this is meant to be...and if it's not, don't speak, don't ruin it, let me dream

we live and we learn to take one step at a time, there's no need to rush

it's gonna happen when it's supposed to happen and we find the reasons why, one step at a time

when you can't wait any longer, but there's no end in sight, when you need to find the strength, it's your faith that makes you stronger

Suddenly the world's too big and the hours they move too slow and I just wish that you were holding me near

you whisper through the line you know I miss you like crazy

cuz when I see you walk through the door, I'm not lost anymore, I'm home.

when I feel you right here close to me, everything is where it's supposed to be...baby

If I fall, if I break, if I lose myself in someone...if I give all I am, it will be with you

I thought I'd reached the end...baby that was then, I am made of more than my yesterday's...this is my now

As I look around, I can't believe the love I see. My fears behind me...gone are the shadows and doubts...that was then, this is my now

God loves ugly, He doesn't see the way I see...oh God takes ugly and turns it in to something that is beautiful. Apparently, I'm beautiful...cuz you loved me.

Losing you was like living in a world with no air

But how do you expect me to live alone with just me? Cuz my world revolves around you it's so hard for me to breathe

Tonight we will deny that time is passing by...it's leaving you and I to freeze the moment, it's never been better

Don't stop, gotta know what you got, there's no second chances in life. Don't break, gotta get what you take.

You looked at me with the truth in your eyes and said it's okay I can let go

this isn't about who's to blame, so please just hear me out

love me back, and I'll love you better

you're in my head like a song on the radio, all I know is I gotta get next to you

cuz I wish yeah I wish you knew what you mean to me...baby let's get together and end this mystery

what you gotta say, what you gotta do, how do you get the one you want to want to next to you

No comments: