Wednesday, May 12, 2010

WOF Wednesday



If you could go back in time and tell your teenage self one thing, what would you say?

I'm not sure that I am entirley qualified to answer this question. I still see myself as a kid, dependant on those older than me to guide me and comfort me. I'm only 22 years old, with no idea what the future holds for me as far as a career or a family. However, there are some things I have learned over the past few years that I wish I had known when I was a teenager....mainly, don't let other people influence you too much.

While it's important to have people around that can advise you, it's also essential to a)understand that you need to make decisions from your heart. If you make a mistake, then you make a mistake, and you can get right back up again and keep on trying. You can ask other people for advice, but don't let their words take complete control of your actions. b) don't let anyone have a negative influence on you. If you know what you believe in, you know your own values and morals, please do not let someone easily push them away, just because you're a little afraid to stand up for yourself. It will be so much better for you to disagree then to give in and do something that does not sit right with your heart. You may have to cut certain friendships off, and yes, it will suck, but it's also necessary in order for you to grow into the person you want to be.

Mostly, just know that God made you in His image, and you have a purpose in life. Love yourself completly.

5 comments:

Daenel T. said... Add Reply

*Smile* You said what I was thinking ~ Love yourself and trust yourself and pray before you leap. Have a good week.

Mel C said... Add Reply

"Mostly, just know that God made you in His image, and you have a purpose in life. Love yourself completly." CAN I GET AN AMEN?!?! :)

Mary Ann said... Add Reply

Amen! Such great advice. Most people your age really don't get this. You are blessed to have such a firm foundation.:)

Monika said... Add Reply

So nice and so true!!! Thank you for this.

melanie said... Add Reply

Great words! And - don't discount your thoughts because you are young! There is lots of wisdom in your words! :)