Tuesday, May 18, 2010

no really, i'm fine

I got sent home from school today, haha. I was feeling kinda icky all morning, but by the middle of lunch, I thought I was going to either pass out, or throw up, or both. I went to my supervisor and told her I wasn't feeling well, but I was going to stick it out, and she said "go home. There's a lot of bugs going around, go home." Well, okay! So I climbed into bed and after a five hour nap, I felt better. A few of the other teachers have had the same thing and also slept it off. Hoping it STAYS off!

Exciting news for my roomies- Nate has been accepted to med school, and Dave has a job offer. So proud of them. I like when good things happen to people I love. It's also Katie's birthday today, so their is all kinds of joy and gratitude running through our home :) For Katie's birthday we went to Good Girls Love Paris, a new place to add to my Discovering Detroit places! Honestly, it was probably the best food experience I've had in this city. It was outstanding. We all got different types of crepes for dinner (mine was chicken and broccoli) and split a desert one (it was called Melinda! Key Lime crepe...mmm). Seriously, one of the best places I've ever ate. If you like crepes :)

Onto Spill Canvas...their third album: No Really, I'm Fine.

If you need anything, just say the word, I mean anything. Rest assured, if you start to doze, then I’ll tuck you in, plant my lips where your necklaces close.

It’s those pills that you don’t need to take, medicating perfection, now that’s a mistake. I know that you’re spent, just let me sing you to sleep.

While you were sleeping, I figured out everything. I was constructed for you, and you were molded for me. You shine so bright its insane; you put the sun to shame.

I gotta feel you in my bones again… I’m all over you, I’m not over you.

This life is way too short to get caught up in all this stuff when I just want you to love me back…why can’t you just love me back.

Wish I could hold you up in my arms, keep you safe and sound from any harm.

This where I start to miss you more than I can bear, I hate this distance in-between us, I don’t think it’s fair.

There is a part in every day when I lie to myself and say that it’s okay…cuz if I don’t, I think I’ll go insane…but the truth is, I only have myself to blame.

Forget what I said , you’re only good in bed or on your knees

So fill your shoes with cement, and kiss the one you love with reckless abandonment

We’re destruction at it’s finest

I am unraveling unbearably empty, and if this ground gives way, I just hope that you’ll catch me

You came and saved me tonight, defending all my love, now I’m content with my breath, cuz I’m alive

If your ears just ache from listening, then I’ll supply the remedy in the melodies I sing

Take all excuses your fear produces, line em up in a row, we’re gonna execute them, then salute them, let our courage flow

Polishing my social skills with one more drink and two more pills

I gotta wrote those songs, make em scream

Like the battles with yourself that leave you insecure..it’s all just a numbing charade, until the day you finally wake up, and you’r enot afraid

If there’s one thing I’ve learned, it’s that we never feel the heat before we get burned…we try so hard not to die, sometimes we forget to appreciate life

I can’t take another breath without feeling the regret of my jealousy

I’ve seen those hush hush looks you give when you’re talking to him

Your heart is charcoal, smoking black..why don’t you just tie the mattress to your back

One thing is for sure, you are worth living for

No comments: