Monday, May 31, 2010

measure your life in love

Well I certainly feel refreshed... (and yet, strangely exhausted...but that is probably due to heat plus oberon).

This past weekend I went on a little personal retreat to Mercy Court, which is on the same campus as the Sister's of Mercy Detroit administration offices. It was a silent retreat (I did speak a few words to some Sister's here and there, but nothing that would have taken away from the exeprience) and I really enjoyed spending time reading, walking the beautiful campus, praying, and sleeping. I tuned out technology- no computer, phone, tv, etc. There are three things I feel I really took away from the weekend.

1. "There will be an answer, let it be". See how well God knows my heart? He used music, my favorite thing in the world, to express His message. I was sitting outside in the shade, pondering my future when this phrase came to me. Whenever I would begin the spiral of fear/anxiety, that line would run through my mind, until I was smiling and at peace. As I walked the labryinth, that is the phrase I used to help concentrate.

2. I will be taken care of. No matter what happens, it's going to be okay. God will not let me fall to pieces. He won't let me down, and He will be with me on this journey and have people around me to hold me up.

3. Through reading "Conversation with God", I have come to realize that I really don't need to "find" myself, or "discover" my life's purpose. I just need to be happy with who I am. Whatever it is that is blocking me from happiness, well, then I need to change it, or eliminate it. I should live conscious of my thoughts, words, and actions and live in love instead of fear. (Measure your life in love!) I should be grateful for the gifts I have been given and use those gifts to create the best possible version of me.

I hope that you all have a blessed week, and please keep me in your prayers as I move forward in some potential job offer's.

To make this entry even cheesier than it already is, I will close with this:

1 comment:

Shari said... Add Reply

I think "let it be" is the PERFECT lyric for this type of situation. As hard as it is to be okay with that lack of control and with the idea of letting it all be because everything happens for a reason, it's SUCH an important lesson to learn (and a calming one). And you know, I think a lot of the time, it's exactly when we DO learn to let things be that a door opens in the right direction. Keeping my fingers crossed for you :)