Friday, March 5, 2010

don't let go

This week has been full of tears, hugs, yelling, and headaches. It's a good thing it's been so sunny out, otherwise I'm not sure what kind of state of mind I would be in right now. It seemed that all of our kids were going through some pretty tough challenges. As I would sit there and hug them as they cried, or patted them on the back while they wrote out their feelings, I had to hold back tears myself. For two reasons. 1) Because I cannot imagine what they have been through, and I never know if what I say will be of any help at all. 2) I don't know how I got so lucky to be born into a family that would go above and beyond to care about me. I don't think it's fair, and I want to take away the pain that these kids feel.

I honestly don't know how they do it, and I admire their strength so much. What my kids don't realize is how much they have inspired me. I just hope they never give up, and always push through whatever is holding them back at that moment. I have so much faith in them, if only they had the same faith in themselves.

I love this job, and I know I say this a lot, but my God am I blessed to be here. Even on the hard days, even when I don't think I can take anymore, I still come out smiling and thankful.

No big plans for this weekend. Two/four of us are going to Toronto tomorrow with some other people to spend the day, I am going to help my mom with her powerpoint for her open house. March is going to be a pretty quiet month in general. April is back to being crazy, with spring break, a trip up north, Nashville (eee), and Pittsburgh. Pretty soon, this year is going to be over. It's so hard to believe.

On a random sidenote, this is the longest I have ever gone without seeing Sam or Lauren. It's strange and I don't like it. It's like a part of me is missing. I miss those two SO much. :(

Music Memoirs: Top 5 On Friday
Top 5 concert experiences

Seriously? Way. too. many.

I picked my five favorite concerts, and then songs from those concerts.

1) Melinda- Music City Fest. This was her first solo concert. I was so proud of her :) Plus, she sang all her new songs for the first time. I chose this show for the memories it holds. It wrapped up an amazing summer. I miss her. waaah.




2) Spill Canvas- Grand Rapids May 2008

I met Nick at this show! One of my lifelong dreams, complete! Always a good show and I cannot wait to see them in May.



3) Kelly Clarkson- Detroit, MI October 2009

Met Kelly after so many years of trying. Plus, she sang Chivas for us.



4) Lady Gaga- Detroit, MI January 2009.

I think this was the first concert I've been to for a MAJOR artist (besides Kelly, I guess). She was outstanding.



5) Idols Season 7. The reason this belongs on here is for the friendships, laughter, tears, heartbreak, road trips, etc that these concerts brought. I'll never forget that summer.

No comments: