Thursday, February 25, 2010

"Don't Try, Just Do!"

This is going to be a pretty random post, because I have a lot of things to say but none of them actually relate to each other.

This week has been kind of tough. I've had more than a few issues with students and the weather has really brought my mood down again. I've come home emotionally exhausted every day. Still, I found a few moments that gave me something to smile about.

One moment was on Tuesday, when a group of students were working at the school. One of those students was the one I mentioned a few days ago, the one who is a daily challenge. She is extremly attached to me, and when another student mentioned that I may not be around next year, she burst into tears. I told her I was going to try and stay connected no matter what happens, and she responded with "DON'T TRY, JUST DO!". It was so cute.

The other moment was yesterday afternoon. I had a pretty rough day yesterday, right from the start. Just dealing with issues and attitudes and feeling underappreciated. Two of my closest students marched into my extracurricular, moved their desks in front of my chair so I couldn't get out, and one said "You're upset today. We can tell. You're always peer mediating everyone else. We're here to peer mediate you." Although I had been on the verge of tears all day, I burst into laughter. It was adorable. When I explained that I was just having a rough few days, one said "I'm sorry". I told her "you don't have to be sorry, kiddo..." before I could finish and tell her that I'm more than okay, and she doesn't need to worry about me, she cut me off by saying "I'm your friend ain't I? THEN DAMNIT LET ME BE SORRY!". These are the moments that make me so happy to be at this school, and forget all the icky stuff.

My interview with the YMCA is today. I'm nervous, but also excited. The position is precisely what I want to be doing, and with my experience with KCAN, Cristo Rey, and the Girl Scouts, I think I have a good chance. Wish me luck :)

Since I've given up Facebook/Twitter (and have not cheated ONCE, go me!), I've been doing a lot of reading. I made a long list of books I want to read, but the library doesn't have all of them. Right now I'm reading Sag Harbor, which so far is okay. The WRITING is great, but the plot not so much. I don't even know if there really is a plot, actually.

Okay, let me quickly mention American Idol since, you know, I kind of like that show. This year is horrible. I'm going to hold on to the claim that they'll improve, and God I hope so. I mean usually there's at least one person that has me saying "wow" and not one person has done that yet. For the boys, I like Casey, Big Mike, and Andrew. I think Lee has potential, and I look forward to hearing more form him. As for the girls, I like Crystal, Siobhan, and Didi. I like Katie, too, but she's too cliche.

I'll close with a video that made me laugh hysterically yesterday (thanks Dean !)



Have a great Thursday. It looks like it may be a sunny one. Let's hope so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said... Add Reply

good evening friends. I'm really into shoes and I was digging as far as something that singular brand. The prices as regards the boots are all over 350 dollars on every site. But definitively I base this site selling them for half price. I exceptionally want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably order those. what can you say about it?