Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Have A Little Faith

I asked my peer mediation class two questions yesterday: How do you WANT to be remembered, and IF you continue to live your life the way you are now, how WILL YOU be remembered? I asked them this because I want them to know that whatever they are unhappy with right now, they have the power to change those aspects of life.

It wasn’t too long ago when I had to change my direction. A few years ago I had to take a step back from my life and realize that if I continued, none of my goals would be accomplished. It’s taken me those few years to rebuild myself into the person that I want to be. It took prayer, it took the influence of other people, but I did it. I can honestly sit here and tell you that I am happy with myself. I have weaknesses, I have faults. There are things that I work on every single day, but the difference now is I ACTUALLY work on them, instead of telling myself I should or just thinking about it. Sometimes it even scares me a little to think how different I am right now than I was two years ago. It may have to do with getting older and becoming more mature and responsible, but it’s also because I pushed myself to stray away from negative influences and fill my life with positivity.

No one should control your life except for you and God. You’re a team, working together to be the best person that you can be. Don’t let silly little things that will just make you feel worse in the long run become a priority. This may mean that you have to step away from people who bring negativity into your life, you may have to completely change your lifestyle…but wouldn’t you rather feel happy and at peace then anxious and irresponsible? Take the first step…it can be scary, but I promise you it’s worth it.

You don’t have to believe in God for me to tell you that He loves you unconditionally. Try talking to Him, you may be surprised what you find out. It’s time you start being positive and keep an open mind rather than shut away from the world and live your life like it’s a waste. Your life is precious, treat it like so. Don’t poison your mind and body anymore. You may think you don’t deserve it, but you do. Every single person on this earth deserves a chance to be great, to accomplish their goals. All you need is a little encouragement and a little prayer.

I feel like an ad for a motivational speaker right now, but HONESTLY if anyone needs to talk further about this topic, let me know. I am a prime example of someone who was getting closer and closer to failure- emotionally, physically, mentally. Now I’m loving life and accepting my strengths AND my flaws! Come join me!

1 comment:

babz019 said... Add Reply

i'm so proud of you :-) I know I say it all the time, but i am. You are a wonderful woman