Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Jordin Sparks- Battlefield

Even though I'm a little irritated with her for never promoting Melinda when Melinda promotes her all the time, Jordin's album is oustanding. I mean, I am so proud of her. It's creative, it's catchy...it is one of my favorite albums of the year. It's very rock pop, reminds me of a mix between Kelly Clarkson and Rhianna.

I already knew going into the album that I loved two songs- Battlefield, her first single, and Faith. I actually hated Battlefield the first time I heard it, but now I can't stop listening to it! It's one of those songs that is perfect for rolling down your windows and singing the words at the top of your lungs.

Faith is a song she performed at Obama's Inauguration. It is a beautiful song and I am ecstatic that it made the album. It's very inspiring and a great song for her fans. It reminds me of everything that my mama Melinda Doolittle has taught me. Faith is now on my "relax/sleepy time" playlist. If you are looking for some inspiration or comfort, listen to this song.

Other songs I'm LOVIN are The Cure, It Takes More, Let It Rain, Walking on Snow, and Was I The Only One. Let It Rain is honestly one of the best pop songs I've heard in a long time- it combines everything great about a song. The others I named show Jordin's vocal talent as well as her raw emotion.

I like No Parade, Postcard, Papercut.

Veritgo, SOS (Let The Music Play), Emergency (911) need to grow on me. I don't like Vertigo simply because of the line about a teacup at DisneyWorld. I'm sorry, I can't handle that. I do like the beat, though. The other two have a good beat, just don't show off Jordin's voice as well as others should.

Congratulations, Jordin! I LOVE this album, even more than I liked the first one! So proud!

No comments: